Thursday 1 August 2013

GARNIER ESSENTIALS

As this is my first 'real' post I thought I'd avoid the recent trend in nail varnish and lip crayons and bring you something a bit different. A couple of weeks ago I went into boots looking for some kind of makeup remover/cleanser to bring some order back to my skin. I've heard a lot lately about micellar water (L'oreal, Bioderma) but as boots didn't carry it at the time I decided to try something that was on offer. So that brought me to the Garnier section where I picked up a 2 in 1 makeup remover and a toner.

£2.99/ 2 for £4

First up, the Simply Essentials soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover (face and eyes). I wasn't expecting a huge amount from this make-up remover, after all I did pick up both at the bargain price of £4! Boasting richness from plant extract and pro-vitamin B5, this product specifically targets fragile skin, even removing waterproof makeup. It works by mixing it's two liquids together (make-up removing oil and cleansing water). I have to give this product a massive thumbs up! Not only does it remove make-up (pretty damn good as an eye makeup remover too!) but it leaves my skin feeling super soft and clean! For me, I usually use 1-2 cotton pads, depending on how much makeup I'm wearing, but this is where part 2 comes in.

GARNIER SOFT ESSENTIALS COMFORTING TONER
2 for £4

Soft Essentials comforting toner, enriched with rose extract for that lovely lingering scent. This product is aimed at dry skin, ideally used daily to soften and tone delicate skin. I use this straight after my makeup remover or sometimes to freshen me up in the morning if I can't be bothered to have a shower. I find it also takes away the greasiness left from the last product. Again, enriched with pro-vitamin B and rose extract, its formula removes any remaining impurities such as pollution while respecting your skin. (Tip - I've actually used this as a makeup remover as a result of over tiredness, it works!)

I'm so impressed with both of these products! I'd definitely recommend picking up both if you want to achieve the best for your skin. I've only been using them for around 2 weeks, but my skin felt better after the first use. I'm sure I'll be repurchasing these items when they run out!

Let me know what products you use on your skin and send me some recommendations!

Have you got any good budget buys?

No comments:

Post a Comment