Tuesday 26 November 2013

NIVEA SPLURGE




A few weeks ago I headed into boots, as you do, to pick up a few things. I've really been wanting to try out the Nivea In Shower Moisturiser cause I've heard nothing but wonderful things about this miracle product; what a surprise, another blogger that agrees! This is something you HAVE to include in your shower routine. Maybe not daily, but at least once a week. When I first started using it, I think I might have applied it everyday for 3 or 4 days because I was just so in love with the results. My skin felt so soft and smooth, and for the full 24 hours too! The formula is a gel like consistency that turns into an oil when rubbed into the skin. I picked up the one for dry skin because my legs have a no go, no show kinda thing going on most of the time. I will say the smell of it reminds me of 'Shake n Vac' but you get over it after a while.

Another thing I had to pick up was waterproof mascara so I thought I'd better get a remover that was specifically for eyes. Still stood by the Nivea section and swayed by a 2 for £4 offer, I picked up this double effect eye make-up remover (cause double's better than single, right?) and a cleansing mousse which I use in the shower before an exfoliator.

The eye make-up remover does take off waterproof mascara, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I think the next time I pick one up, I'll go for something a little more expensive. For the price, it does the job. Also, it says that it takes off make-up without irritating the sensitive eye area, this isn't strictly true. It doesn't give me a sensation that is unbearable, but it does give a slight burny-tingly feeling which I soothe over with my toner, seems to work.

The cleansing mousse was just something else to add to my shower routine. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin because of it, but I think it's nice to add if I have a little makeup or grease leftover from the night before.

Nivea isn't a brand I use widely, but it's always on offer and quite cheap anyway, so it's nice to try as a first step before maybe moving onto a more expensive or widely talked about brand. I'm not disappointed with my purchases but I am still looking for something a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment