Thursday 6 February 2014

RIMMEL MOISTURE RENEW LIPSTICK

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - £6.49

These lipsticks are all I've seen and heard about for the past couple of months, and with good reason too. The packaging is metallic purple (already sold..) and some of their names derive from London's Tube which I think is totally adorable and so Rimmel.




The first one I bought I wanted to be my autumn staple lipstick, so after a lot of debating and a long time spent standing infront of the Rimmel section; I picked up Dark Knight Waterl-oops. Now this shade is a very dark purple which did scare me at first but I'm all for branching out of your comfort zones when it comes to beauty. I adore this shade to the point where I'm almost wearing it every single day.

When it came to picking up another shade in the collection I knew I wanted Vintage Pink as a more natural look. Only problem was when I went back to pick it up, the tester was there, no lipstick in sight. The one thing I hate most about Boots. So instead of holding everyone up in the queue, I grabbed Sloanes Plum and dashed to the tills. After using it for the first time I was immediately happy that I'd picked Waterl-oops first. Don't get me wrong, SP is a really nice shade, just a little lighter than the other but they look almost the same side by side. I find the colour is a lot more sheer than Waterl-oops. I always worry when I first put it on, but then I catch it mid-day and love it. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just too similar and that's why I can't take to it.

The lipsticks are formulated with Vitamin A, C and E, anti-oxidants and SPF 20 for perfectly moisturised, longer lasting coloured lips. I find the formula to be really creamy and hydrating and they last for a reasonable amount of time on the lips to. Have you tried any of Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipsticks, what are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment