Friday 14 March 2014

OLD VS NEW - FOUNDATION



I have a real problem with foundation in that I hate trying new ones after I've found one I really like. I've been doing it since I started using makeup, once I've found something I think works for me I can't stand knowing that once it runs out I have to find something else. The reason I don't repurchase foundations is because after a few months use my skin gets used to them and I don't see the benefit of it anymore. In my entire life I think I've only repurchased two foundations. One being Maybelline Airfoam and this one, Rimmel Perfect Match.

I picked up the first bottle when it came out a couple of years ago and I was so impressed with how it really did seem to be my perfect shade. I love the formula because it's not drying and it has a really good coverage. It leaves my skin looking glowy without feeling greasy and has a good wear time. The first bottle managed to last me a whole year and then I picked up a second on a whim because Asos always have offers on Rimmel. I still have the second bottle although it's on its last legs, but now I only use it as a mixer or if I'm having a really 'pale' day.

I bought this foundation after hearing so many good reviews and I thought it would be a good summer base as it's less coverage than the Rimmel one. After the first use I was convinced I was in love with it, same after the second and the third. But then I started to notice that it didn't sit right on my skin, it's quite greasy and sometimes it looked too orange for me even though it was the lightest shade. Skip forward to now and I think I like the foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase. I found that this foundation worked much better when I started taking good care of my skin, which of course helps for all makeup but this one really doesn't like dry skin at all. I love the coverage and realised that the reason it was making me look orange was because I used far too much, always trust the product! The shade definitely is a let down, but it's easy to make it work so no complaints there. I don't think I would repurchase this particular foundation but it was my first Bourjois one and it's really made me want to try so many of their products.

Do you have a perfect foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment